Gate.io was built by Lin Han in 2013, and has been in operation since.
The exchange is based in Cayman Islands, and serves many customers all over the world. Provided you're in one of the supported countries, you're free to trade.
- Spot Trading. Gate.io allows you to trade, buy, and sell, crypto on spot markets. Meaning you're trading the real thing. You can deposit and withdraw this crypto.
- Futures Trading. Gate.io supports futures trading. Derivative contracts that you can trade on leverage without providing margin.
- P2P Trading. Gate.io support P2P trading. Where you trade directly with other people through specific payment methods or giftcards.
- NFT Marketplace. Gate.io has an NFT marketplace, where you can buy/sell NFTs and collectibles.
- Trading Bots. Gate.io has trading bots that you can use to automate your trading strategies.
- Copy Trading. Gate.io supports copy trading, an automated method of copying other people's trades; great if you're a newbie, or if you're not the best trader.
- Options. Gate.io supports options trading. Pick a crypto, and guess the direction, if you're right, you earn more crypto.
Gate.io Payment Methods
Gate.io supports 41 payment method(s). You can use the following the deposit/withdraw to/from the exchange.
- Credit/Debit Card
- Bank Transfer
- Apple Pay
- Google Pay
Be aware that they may be withdrawal/deposit limits imposed, and the payment methods may also vary based on your location.
Gate.io supports over 2 fiat currencies: KRW, .
Gate.io offers 3 layer(s) of security. Aside from the obvious, email and password.
Gate.io requires KYC to use their services. KYC usually involves sharing your full details, some form of ID, and a mobile phone number.
Like other centralized exchanges, Gate.io charges fees. This is how they generate revenue, and keep their operation running.
- Deposit fees. Fortunately, most centralized exchanges don't charge deposit fees when you deposit with crypto. Though, they charge for fiat deposits, which vary dependant on the payment processor and fiat option that you're using.
- Withdrawal fees. Gate.io charges withdrawal fees. They vary based on what you are withdrawing and the payment method that you're using. Crypto withdrawals will also incur network transaction fees, they are not paid for by Gate.io.
- Gate.io's maker fees: 0.2%*
- Gate.io's Taker fees: 0.2%*
Maker/taker fees are tiered. As you trade more and generate volume, they often fall.