Gate.io Review 2023
Gate.io is a leading cryptocurrency exchange and trading platform. They support 1636 coins across 2666 markets.
In this review, we'll cover everything you need to know before signing up. All the main features, pros and cons, included.
Gate.io was built by Lin Han in 2013, and has been in operation since.
The exchange is based in Cayman Islands, and serves many customers all over the world. Provided you're in one of the supported countries, you're free to trade.
- Spot Trading. Gate.io allows you to trade, buy, and sell, crypto on spot markets. Meaning you're trading the real thing. You can deposit and withdraw this crypto.
- Trading Bots. Gate.io has trading bots that you can use to automate your trading strategies.
- NFT Marketplace. Gate.io has an NFT marketplace, where you can buy/sell NFTs and collectibles.
- Copy Trading. Gate.io supports copy trading, an automated method of copying other people's trades; great if you're a newbie, or if you're not the best trader.
- P2P Trading. Gate.io support P2P trading. Where you trade directly with other people through specific payment methods or giftcards.
- Options. Gate.io supports options trading. Pick a crypto, and guess the direction, if you're right, you earn more crypto.
- Futures Trading. Gate.io supports futures trading. Derivative contracts that you can trade on leverage without providing margin.
Gate.io Payment Methods
Gate.io supports 5 payment method(s). You can use the following the deposit/withdraw to/from the exchange.
- Credit/Debit Card
- Apple Pay
- Bank Transfer
- Google Pay
Be aware that they may be withdrawal/deposit limits imposed, and the payment methods may also vary based on your location.
Gate.io supports over 2 fiat currencies: EUR, KRW.
Gate.io offers 3 layer(s) of security. Aside from the obvious, email and password.
- Yubi Key
Gate.io requires KYC to use their services. KYC usually involves sharing your full details, some form of ID, and a mobile phone number.
Like other centralized exchanges, Gate.io charges fees. This is how they generate revenue, and keep their operation running.
- Deposit fees. Fortunately, most centralized exchanges don't charge deposit fees when you deposit with crypto. Though, they charge for fiat deposits, which vary dependant on the payment processor and fiat option that you're using.
- Withdrawal fees. Gate.io charges withdrawal fees. They vary based on what you are withdrawing and the payment method that you're using. Crypto withdrawals will also incur network transaction fees, they are not paid for by Gate.io.
- Kraken's maker fees: 0.2%*
- Kraken's Taker fees: 0.2%*
Maker/taker fees are tiered. As you trade more and generate volume, they often fall.